Our Little Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

School...

So, Autumn has been going to 'school' (aka Parents Day Out) for about 4 months now. Its only 2 days a week for 6 hours a day. She did great to begin with aside from not sleeping. But now, separation anxiety has set in BAD and she has huge break downs sometimes as soon as we walk into her classroom. I know she's at the age where this issue shows its ugly face, but im over it! I cant stand to hear her cry out for me when im two doors down. It just breaks my heart. I try my hardest to sneak out while she's not looking and from time to time I can get out of there without any tears from her, but its rare. After 15 minutes or so, she's fine. I always swore I wouldnt be one of those mothers who constantly worried about her child while in the care of someone else you trust, but I cant help it. I find myself checking in her classroom 5 or so times a day (while trying to hide at the same time).

Just to let you know, I DO NOT show up to her 'school' to check on her :) I just so happen to work there :) Its been great. Im in the same building as Autumn, I know the ladies who care for her everyday and im just 2 doors down if sometimes happens to her. Its a blessing and somewhat of a curse all at the same time. It'll be interesting to see her in my class if we stay in OK long enough!

When I first started out at this job, I was just a substitute and I just so happened to be in her class for about 3 weeks. I learned how everything works, I know what she's doing at what time and I learned the 'tricks' for her in that environment. Things like, having to hide her behind a partition just so she'll take a nap. Even if it is only 30 minutes!

All in all, I think this is a great experience for both of us. She's meeting new friends, learning how to be away from me and im learning to be away from her and getting some adult interaction. Its also just enough work that im not worn out at the end of the week and hate my job. I love my class and actually look forward to going back the next day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment