Our Little Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Growing up...

Autumn is growing up SO much faster than I want her to. Ive known this since the day we brought her home from the hospital, but today, it hit me.

A friend of mine is pregnant with her second baby, a girl. This is her first girl. I told her she was more than welcome to come and go through all the clothes that I have and she could take what she wanted/needed. I had 4 bins full. She walked out of here with a garbage bag full! Im glad. Autumn's not wearing them anymore, I kept the outfits that really meant something to me and I just couldnt part with and I have plenty more that she didnt take!

But, as she was looking through all those clothes all I could think of was the memories I have of Autumn in each of those outfits. Even if she wore it once, I remember. Some of the outfits she had, I hated. She maybe wore it once, around the house and that was it, but some of those outfits I absolutely loved. I probably have pictures of her in just about all of them. But watching Carrie walk out with all of that stuff made me realize just how big Autumn is getting and how much I really miss the 'baby stage'.





To be honest, I cried when I watched it all leave the house. Dont get me wrong, like I said, im glad someone is getting use out of it all instead of it all just sitting up in the attic but there's that slight thought of 'what if our next is a girl as well?' Then I remember how much shopping I did for Autumn at that age and remember theres no need to worry, even if we do have another girl, she'll still have PLENTY of clothes!

Each day Autumn is learning or saying something new and im always telling her to SLOW DOWN and like every child and teenager, she doesnt listen. I just wish that she would nuzzle up to my chest and fall asleep while we watched TV together like she did 9 months ago. I wish she wasnt capable of telling me 'no' all the time. I love that she can communicate more but that means ill never hear that 'baby babble' from her again. I thought I was capturing all the cute baby moments well, but looking back, I feel like I missed a lot. I want my little bean back!




I know there are many women out there who hated when their kids were infants. They are so glad the baby stage is over, but I actually really enjoyed it. Of course the little sleep was no fun, but I would do it again in a heartbeat just to have her be a baby again....

So...here's to hoping that our next baby (whenever that may be) will be a boy and ill walk out of Carrie's house with a garbage bag full of baby boy clothes :)



No comments:

Post a Comment