Our Little Family

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, September 7, 2009

Many Firsts!!

I know ive been slacking at this lately but Ive been very busy visiting family all over! Autumn and I are finally back at home before we head out again in about 3 weeks! Over the last 2 weeks or so, Autumn has had some firsts....

First Highchair: About 2 weeks ago, I decided to see if Autumn could sit in a restaurant highchair. A dear friend of mine gave me her old highchair/grocery cart cover. Autumn did fairly well. This particular highchair seemed to be a tad wider than most so she would slide down some but she did great and loved being able to play with the table and the things on it! We're still working on sitting in the grocery cart! She's not quite big enough for that yet!

First Flight: On Thurday, September 27, Autumn and I flew from Lawton to Knoxville to visit my parents and attend a friends wedding. Autumn did really well flying for the first time! She fussed for about the last 5 minutes of our first flight until she fell asleep and did the same at the beginning of our second flight.

Waiting in the Dallas airport for our connecting flight


First Wedding: On Saturday, September 29, my mom, Autumn and I drove down to Cartersville, GA to attend a friends wedding. We were seated in the sanctuary about 20 minutes before the ceremony and Autumn was doing great. About 5 minutes before the bride walked down the aisle, she started to fuss. She fussed while the bridesmaids walked down the aisle so because I was sitting on the aisle, I was easily able to jump up real quick and move to the back. But of course, as soon as the bride started walking down the aisle, she started fussing even more. So, I quickly moved out into the foyer of the church and watched the ceremony through the glass doors. She did behave very well during the reception though!

With Mary Beth at the reception!


First Runny Nose: The morning we flew to Knoxville, Autumn woke up with her first runny nose. It wasnt anything real bad, just really runny when she sneezed or after she woke up. She still has her cold or allergies now but it seems to almost be gone.

First College Football Game: On September 5, my parents, Charles, his friend, Autumn and I went to the OSU v UGA football game in Stillwater, OK. Once again, Autumn did great! It was very hot out yet she somehow managed to sleep, twice, during the game. We had to take her under the bleachers for a while to keep her cool and I also gave her a cool, wet washcloth to put on her head and to play with. I cant wait to take her to an ECU game this season! :)

Asleep at the game!
Her very first UGA outfit!

First "words": About a week ago, Autumn started saying "mamamamama" all the time. As of yesterday and today, "babababa" and what sounds like "dadadada" have been added to her vocabulary. I love hearing all the new sounds and words shes coming up with and cant wait to hear more!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment